I’m a life-long chocolate lover, but I always feel a little guilty when I’m eating it.
After all, chocolate is bad for me, right?
Well, apparently it isn’t…
The studies mentioned in those articles found dark chocolate to have the following positive health benefits:
- Dark chocolate helps prevent Heart Disease.
- It helps reduce the risk of Type II Diabetes.
- It helps increase blood flow.
- It helps lower blood pressure in people with Hypertension.
- It helps lower LDL (bad) cholesterol and increase HDL (good) cholesterol.
- It helps reduce inflammation.
- It helps alleviate pain.
I don’t know about you, but it sounds to me like dark chocolate is a pretty awesome medicine!
That’s great because I can now eat my favorite chocolate bars and leave the guilt behind!
And now, here’s one final thought…
Do you often struggle with high levels of emotional stress? If so, dark chocolate just might be able to help with that as well.
For more information on that, check out the short video below by the Cleveland Clinic.
Note: As always, you can watch the video at full screen by clicking the “square” icon in the lower right-hand corner of the video.